The Roots Lifestyle Centre (954 MC Roode Drive, Potchefstroom)
Excitement is in the air for the big reveal of the OFM Potchefstroom Chef Academy bursary holder!
Over the past three weeks hopeful students have applied to start their journey to become a world-famous chef.
On Saturday, 8 June 2019, Wild Weekend, comes to you live from The Roots to announce who will start their career with a R130 000 bursary from Potchefstroom Chef Academy.
Come say ‘hi’ and join us from 09:00.
The announcement takes place during the highly anticipated Wedding Expo and Foodie Fest .
Fun on the lawn - prospective students attending the Potchefstroom Chef Academy Open Day
Street food stands selling delicious food for the whole family
Stroll between the interesting exhibitors
Have a cup of freshly brewed coffee at Roots Café
Food demonstrations in the Potchefstroom’s Chef Academy’s kitchen
Experience the new Roots “green” Gin, developed by Be Gin Bar and tasting
Wedding Expo in Big Hall
Tjhoko Paint demonstrations
11:00 Fabulous Fashion show presented by Jolache Couture and Smart Guy
12:30 Announcement of Potchefstroom Chef Academy bursary holder
Kosstalletjies aangebied deur Potchefstroom Chef Academy @ The Roots:
- Biltong Soup (with toasted ciabatta slice)
- Chicken & Veggie Stirfry with Egg Noodles
- Spicy Cajun Corn
- Mini Cheese Griller Stacker (hotdog)
- Churros with Chocolate Sauce
- Hot Chocolate with mini Mallows
- Red Wine Lamb & Tomato Pita Pockets
- Jolache Couture (betrokke by Fashion Show 11:00: Wedding dresses, Garters, Veils
- SmartGuy SmartBride (betrokke by Fashion Show 11:00. Fokus op aandpakke en bruidsmeisierokke
- MultiStyl: funksie- en troudekor
- Zinkhuis. Funkie/trou blomme en ruikers
- Step-by-Step Dance Studio. Dansklasse vir die ‘eerste dans’
- Theo Eiendomme
- Made by Mosaic: Bakery Products; Leather products; Knitted Products; Recycled Products (new green range)
- M Studio: lifestyle designers / focus on beautiful designed stationary & products, brand design, and all custom designed
- Melrose Place Guest Rooms: 17 self catering guestrooms in Potchefstroom, 800m from NWU
- The Roots Events: an all inclusive event management service for all of your eventing needs. With multiple venues we can host any function with ease, from intimate gatherings, parties, gala events and live shows to seminars and conferences. We also pride ourselves in the unforgettable weddings we host at our Chapel with bridal room on site.
- PictureCafe: fotogawe: variasie van fotos wat hul neem: troues, familie, newborns
- LVR Design: Handsakke, beursies, serpe, ponchos, handskoene, bootcuffs, oorbelle, armband, parfuum, yskasmagnete, vadersdaggeskenke, braaivoorskote, en vele meer.
- Bidvest: verskeie Bidvest-produkte word te proe aangebied vir besoekers.
- Ancient Emeror Guesthouse: 5* graded guesthouse providing luxury accommodation.
- Elizna Jacobs: Creator of cakes and cupcakes for special occasions and weddings. Will exhibit examples of wedding cakes and cupcakes. Cupcakes available for purchase.
- Fantasia: decorated sugar cookies.
- Grant Betts: Photographer
- Habitat: Range of wedding gifts en decor
- Bullibling: Bridal wear, including robes, t-shirts; underwear; sashes, etc.
- Aesthete: Salon products & services
- ABSA: fokus op inligting rondom studente-lenings
- Magestic Flair: Hair salon services for bride and bridal party.
- Stark and Forte: men’s wedding rings. They are made of ceramic and also a combination of tungsten and ceramic.
- Cindy Coetzee: makup artist and course presenter in make-up
- Tjhoko Paint workshops