SMS 'traffic' to 36636 (R1.50/SMS) Telegram: 084 222 9497 Tweet: #traffic @OFM9497
Be our eyes on the road – help keep your fellow road users safe in Central South Africa:
- SMS 'traffic' and your info to 36636 (R1.50/SMS)
- Telegram: 084 222 9497 (Direct Link)
- Tweet #traffic @OFM9497 with your info
OFM Traffic, keeping you safe on the road.
OFM wants to encourage road users to report reckless driving through the correct channels that action may be taken.
Phone 0861 400 800 or complete the form online at: www.arrivealive.co.za/report.aspx
You can now receive the latest OFM Traffic reports, even if you’re not tuned in to OFM in your vehicle!
• Simply switch on the TA, traffic announcement, or TP, traffic programming, function on your RDS compatible radio.
• This will enable you to still get the latest traffic updates in your area even when you are listening to something else like a CD.
• What you are listening to will be interrupted and your radio will automatically switch to OFM for the traffic report.
• When the traffic report is finished, your radio will switch back to what you were listening to before.
• Ask your car dealer if you’re unsure how the traffic function on your radio works.
N1 - Orange River to Driekuil.:
Sanral periodic maintenance contract Stop and go closures to be expected between Orange river and Driekuil on the N1 from 19 July 2022 till 13 December 2022.
N1 off-ramp north of Bloemfontein to Virginia:
SANRAL’s Periodic maintenance programme will commence on 08 March 2022 on the R30 national road from the N1 off-ramp north of Bloemfontein to Virginia. Work will commence on the first section between Brandfort and Theunissen. The duration will be approximately 9 months.
Motorists are encouraged to make use of alternative routes during this period if possible. Speed restriction of 60km/h will be applied in work zones of 3 Km’s in length.
There are also Stop & Go’s on the R30 turnoff on the N1 to Virginia. Please add extra travelling time.
POTHOLES - R30 Raymond Mahlaba as you enter BFN near Divine Revival Church
R380 between Hotazel and Kathu is in poor condition with many large potholes, also lots of dust. travel with caution
R708 Theunissen - Winburg:
Large potholes on this road. Reduce speed and take care when over taking.
R700 Bloemfontein - Bultfontein:
The first 50km of the R700 from Bloemfontein's side is in a very poor condition in both directions. After Soutpan the road condition improves. Massive potholes on both sides of the road causing traffic to swerve unexpectedly and into oncoming traffic, dangerous situation. Motorists are urged to reduce speed.
POTHOLES on R54 Vereeniging and Potchefstroom - very large potholes, road is in poor condition.
R708 - Between Hertzogville & Christiana – road in very poor condition